Wednesday, July 14, 2004

stupid fucking OHIP and optometrist booking times

Well, today was a very much nonday. Ok, there was some good but it was mostly stupid and pointless. To review:

I had an optometrists appointment scheduled for today at 10, I figured that it was still covered by OHIP. Turns out that because I was 20 as of last week, I have to PAY for the appointment because OHIP covers it for adults every 2 years starting AT The age of 19. So now, I got the appointment pushed back to September 9th at 2:30pm and its costing me $89. This is where I consult the university's medical insurance and get coverage for the appointment instead of paying it in cash. What a pain in the ass. Also had vietnamese noodles for lunch so that was a nice change from the norm.

The rest of the day has had relatively no point so far...played some MvC: 2 at Fairview, wanted to practice with my 'DD' team (Morrigan, Sakura, Cammy. If you can't see why I call it my 'DD' team, take a closer look), except the guy kept picking Magneto so I had no choice but to pull out Psylocke, T. Bonne and Jin. Beat him 7 times in a row before I stopped trying and just let him win. Ran into Hanna on the way, so we took a peek at the pet shop...there's this absolutely adorable kitten there that's selling for $99.99. I want it, but I don't have the upfront cash =\ (It looks like Isis, must be the same breed).

Finished Front Mission, the final fight was anticlimatic, I had access to up to 17 wanzers against their...10. You'd think that after being used to fighting 11 on 20, they'd put up better odds...the fight was just too easy. I hate it when video games have anticlimatic endings. Take Ultemecia and Omega Weapon from FF8 (a game I absolutely abhor by the way), 2 incredibly easy bosses - the random encounters were harder!

Picked up a copy of Fear Factory's album Archetype. I've found that Fear Factory has some very very good lyrics to their music, I have nothing but the utmost respect for them. Here's a tidbit from the song Cyberwaste:
"Assume that you know my thoughts, all I want to do is see, Infect me with your disease, Tapping away on the keys, Change your face in front of me, safe behind the cyber screen, wishing that you knew the truth, all I know is what I read..."
I've picked up both of Fear Factory's last 2 albums and they have both been incredible. Their lyrics always make a statement, always have a point, and are never pointless dribble (that one's pretty obvious, but some of 'em are quite difficult to tell exactly what they are talking about, great songs to try to analyze). Anyways, even if you don't like the music, I would *very very strongly* recommend you pick up the albums Digimortal and Archetype by Fear Factory, they offer some very interesting insights about society and people.

Midway was open today for Inconnu so that was nice, got myself a magicians hat, some face paints and a dicing cup with 2 dice. It was a way to kill some time. Looks like everyone likes the idea of the guild runs I'm going to be leading...WITH THE EXCEPTION OF HORDIKI...And he's guild second. Do you see something wrong with this picture?

Anyways, I will stop ranting because my mind doesn't know what to say.


~Damon
If someone sounds like they are enjoying themselves, don't let your grey clouds roll over them

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home