Tuesday, July 13, 2004

and another few days have passed....

ok, so I said I was going to post later that day, I didn't end up posting later that day, but I'm posting now!

mmm....Stabbing Westward first thing in the morning, definitely something to wake up to..."What do I have to do, to make you happy, what do I have to do, to make you understand..." Come to think of it, that makes a good MSN handle so I'll go change it right now. There, slightly different 'quote of the day' as it was so termed.

So Tim and myself spent yesterday with Johnny and Leah...that was fun, lotta walking and chatting from around noon to just past 11:30 when I left. It's always nice to see friends you don't see much of, they've got a cozy little place and 2 really cute cats (Isis and Pikachu). They were both so small! There's nothing wrong with that really, I'm just used to being around bigger cats (Quiz mostly), hopefully I don't smell too much like cat.

Hrm....which reminds me I should try to find a copy of Firefox at some point (for those of you who don't know, its a linux platform web browser) and see if its available for windows, I want to uninstall IE from my laptop and put on Firefox, then put on say....AVG instead of norton. All the comforts of non-standard windows based programs, that are all better than the commercial product out on the market. I hate how microsoft and all the software giants have monopolized the market so tightly. It's difficult to find good products on the market that aren't part of the major software chains because they get buried underneath everything and eventually all you see is the inferior microsoft product advertised.

Been doing some more composing, between my last post and this post, I've written a song and a half, I'll post the completed one here:



Alone


I thought I found the answers
But it seems like there were just too many questions
To ask
To think about --
How, we ended up this way (with nothing left to say)
I don't know what is left for me to do

To stop feeling so alone
And do all the things you're expecting of me
Will you be there to help me breathe?

Lying behind each question
There were questins to each answer that was given
Each smile
Each memory --
Lost, while we're so far away (with nothing left to say)
I need you now to tell me what to do

To stop feeling so alone
And do all the things you're expecting of me
Will you be there to help me breathe?

Take away the pain
But the scars will last forever
We're lost without a trace
In this sea of time - eternity
But you feel so far away
When I reach out for you now
I need you here beside me
Don't wanna be alone without you now

I thought you'd always be there
But it seems like I was blinded by the laughter
So fake
So horribly --
True, I'm nothing now today (with nothing left to say)
Tell me what it is I have to do

To stop feeling so alone
And do all the things you're expecting of me
Will you be there to help me breathe?

Take away the pain
But the scars will last forever
We're lost without a trace
In this sea of time - eternity
But you feel so far away
When I reach out for you now
I need you here beside me
Don't wanna be alone without you now

A hidden retreat, into the depths of myself
Like shadows hiding, alone again

Take away the pain
But the scars will last forever
We're lost without a trace
In this sea of time - eternity
But you feel so far away
When I reach out for you now
I need you here beside me

To stop feeling so alone
And do all the things you're expecting of me
Will you be there to help me breath?

Take away the pain
But the scars will last forever
We're lost without a trace
In this sea of time - eternity
But you feel so far away
When I reach out for you now
I need you here beside me
Don't wanna be alone without you now
To stop feeling so alone



Next one's called excess baggage, I won't post that until I'm done though. I think I've been playing way too much Front Mission. I'm at the point where I need over 100K to upgrade all my wanzers at once, fortunately, you get equally as much per mission so all is good.

Optometrist appointment tomorrow afternoon at 1, so I'll probably end up seeing the family doctor in the morning before I head up there (I've got various health issues that i have to get checked out, but I'm a fighter so I try to let my body fight things off itself first). Atleast the bus ride is a good time to read or compose, which reminds me, I still need a copy of the devil's notebook, if anyone sees it anywhere could they *please* pick me up a copy and give me the bill so I can pay you back? Thanks.

Picked up a copy of not only the Dark Elf Trilogy (homeland, exile, sojurn) by R.A. Salvatore, but also managed to find a copy of Geomancer by Ian Irvine. All of 'em are good reads so if you get a chance to, I would highly recommend it. The Dark Elf Trilogy is about a dark elf (go figure eh?) called Drizzt and his escape from his home, and Geomancer is another one of those apocolypse themed stories (personally, I think Geomancer would've been less deceiving if it was in the sci-fi section, but since its sci-fi/fantasy, I suppose it can be forgiven).

So anyways, I'm running out of things to write, so I'm going to go back to playing a bit of Front Mission again (I'm horrible, I know).



~Damon
I miss you Amy...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home