Monday, November 01, 2004

bah, set sucks

I have forgotten how boring it was to sit and solo set. 7 kills, 1 scrapped magicians hat (bastard with that double flameblast prog), 400K in midas (damned rods worth almost nothing), one skull, all in all, I think the scrapped magicians hat was worth more than everything I got. Ah well, everyone needs set rings, although that will teach me to not use a thief without a shade helm at a breath mob (this is why I hate catastrophes on regular run thieves). It was a good way to kill 2 hours though, well, maybe not, but it's a way to kill 2 hours. (Amy, I put all the rings on storage if you read this and want to update your list in case I forget to tell you...hope it was the right one)

Last night was All Hallows Eve. No, I didn't do any magic. If I did, I could potentially not be here anymore. So no, I didn't do any magic, I'm still in one piece (well, whether I'm in one piece or not is always debatable, but I'm still alive as of this moment). I find that people don't pay proper respects on All Hallows Eve, but you can't really blame the children who are only told that it's a day for them to put on a costume and go around getting candy from people they don't know. I can't fault children for not knowing, but I can fault the adults for not telling them the true significance of All Hallows Eve. But its a christian society, you can't expect people to know or to remotely understand. I mean, I didn't speak with the dead this year - there was no invoking of the boatman - but it doesn't mean I don't pay my respects as I do every year. The dead possess so much energy, but to harness it without first asking is, well, lets just say it never works out too well.

I figure I should eat lunch today at some point, I need to buy a new pair of boots, my old ones have badly frayed laces and water seeps in through the back if there's any snow buildup, and my running shoes are falling apart pretty badly.

One of my greatest pet peeves are people who cannot form a single coherent sentence without the use of the word "fucking" and "like". Now, call me an arrogant bastard if you will, but if you aren't literate enough to form a single sentence without using the word "fucking" or "like" every 2 words, you should not be speaking in the first place. As much as people will use them as connectors, they don't actually make sense in sentences. I mean, if you're going to try to get someone to understand your point, why not think about what you're saying more carefully before saying it? Does every sentence have to sound as the following: "Did you know, like, fucking, bastard wouldn't give me back like, this thing and like well, he's a fucking bitch and like, they were like, at the HMV and like, they didn't like, tell me that like, the fucking CD I've been like, looking for was fucking there." I kid you not, I have actually heard sentences where every second word combination was "...like fucking...". Yes, I am fully aware that sex is one of the only things that males actually think about, but if you can't make a sentence without talking about fucking something, then maybe you need to go fuck that CD or whatnot you're talking about and see if you like fucking it.

This is one of those things that just gets at me. I'm aware that I'm guilty of it at times, hell, everybody is, but I take special care to try to avoid doing it. If that makes me sound pompous, and arrogant, fine. Atleast I'm literate enough to know how and where to use certain words and when to not.

Anyways, I digress and now I'm done ranting for now, perhaps one of these days I'll be able to put all my rants together into a book or something of the ilk. It would probably make an interesting read for anyone with a brain.



~Damon

4 Comments:

Blogger Robulous said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

January 1, 2012 at 10:49 AM  
Blogger Robulous said...

I commend you and agree, however: http://www.unwords.com/unword/anyways.html

Nemesis

January 1, 2012 at 10:51 AM  
Blogger Robulous said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

January 1, 2012 at 10:52 AM  
Blogger Robulous said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

January 1, 2012 at 10:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home