Monday, August 15, 2005

Time crawls sometimes

I'm staring at the clock watching time pass. It's 11am. How is it only 11am? I've already been up for 5 hours, why was I up at 5? I don't know. I probably wasn't as tired as I thought I was, or maybe I was and just slept it away faster. I don't know. I just don't know what it is. Not a single good thought has really passed through my head this morning, and I only seem to be getting worse and worse as the day goes on. Why? I don't really know. One of those mornings, days, weeks? Could be any or all of the above really.
I haven't really done anything constructive aside from rewrite all my disarm triggers, since the message for disarm is changed now. "The soandso DISARMS your Darkfire Blaster!", "Soandso DISARMS your a blood encrusted sacrificial dagger!" A nice change for those of us who use 2 non-identical weapons. There were a few more code changes as well, such as being able to tell when you're overweight and someone's trying to give you something. Those are the only ones we've found so far, but there are probably more.
I could paint, I could always paint. The Hive Tyrant is done, but I still need to do the rest of the genestealers, raveners, lictors and carnifex. I may do the Carnifex first just because it's another huge model and I don't need to squint too much to see the details, not sure why my eyes have been so tired. I've easily got atleast 1K points in Tyranids now, the Hive Tyrant and Carnifex combined eat up about 550 points as is. Yes, I know, a bit expensive points wise, but they're well worth it. Winged Tyrant with Venom Cannon and Scything Talons, the Carnifex has Scything Talons and Crushing Claws for some added power, it's a good vehicle crusher, at the same time, it's also a very nasty way of dealing with a large infantry squad that doesn't have power weapons. It's not like a S4 marine is going to hurt the carnifex, and it gets D6+3 attacks on the charge, D6+1 attacks normally, all at S10, hitting on 3's against weapon skill 4 because of Toxic Miasma. Plus at S10 T7, W5 and Sv2+, it's gonna be able to take some hits and soak it.
Put a few levels on the thief, up to 22 I think, decent gains so far, hope it keeps up. Of course, I think I should eat, eating would probably be a good idea. I've been awake far too long, and with far too little sleep. Been listening to Tonic all morning.


~Damon

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home